AIIMS is known for the level of the exam set by the organization and that is the reason why it is considered toughest medical entrance exam in India.
AIIMS MBBS 2019 is going to be held on 25th and 26th of May 2019 in around 155 cities across the country.
In 2018, AIIMS MBBS was held in two days (26th and 27th May 2017) having different slots (morning and afternoon) the results of which were declared on June 17, 2018. Around 3 lakhs candidates took the exam.
Here we would be discussing the reviews of students and experts regarding the AIIMS MBBS exam held last year. The purpose of doing analysis is to facilitate the students who are going to appear this year to have an approximate standard of the exam they are preparing for.
Students’ opinions on question paper who took AIIMS MBBS 2018 were as follows:
According to the students, difficulty level of the exam was moderate to tough. However, many of the students said that the paper was easier than they have accepted. Physics was declared the most difficult section among all the sections, questions were calculative and tricky and took lot of time whereas Biology was the easiest as majority of the questions were from NCERT books. Chemistry was neither tough nor easy. Questions came from expected areas of topics that were supposed to come in exam.
- Highest number of questions in Physics came from thermodynamics, mechanics and electrodynamics.
- Biology section was majorly composed of direct questions from NCERT books of class XI and XII. Botany was considered to be easier than Zoology. In Botany, most of the questions were from plant physiology, genetics and biotechnology. Zoology mainly comprised of Human Physiology.
- As per the students, Chemistry section was moderate in difficulty level. Questions from organic chemistry were taking time. A large portion of the section was including coordination compounds.
- In General Knowledge section, the questions were from current affairs related to political news, sports news etc.
- Mathematical questions from topics like profit and loss were asked in aptitude and logical reasoning.
- The question paper of AIIMS MBBS 2018 was however considered tougher than NEET by most of the candidates.
- No or very negligible technical issues were faced by the candidates. Frisking was not as strict and messy as it was in NEET.
Now let us know about what Experts has to say (subject wise) on AIIMS MBBS 2018:
Physics: According to experts also, this section was the toughest among all. Most of the questions demanded implementation of logic. The students who built clear concepts would not have faced any difficulty in this section. However, some questions were time consuming too.
Chemistry: This section was moderate having most of the questions from NCERT book. Complaints were there for confusing language used in the section which was not a good experience. Assertion reason questions were neither difficult nor time-consuming.
Aptitude & Logical reasoning and General Knowledge: Questions in this section were from current affairs, logical reasoning and riddles. No questions from History were asked.
From all the opinions and views mentioned above, we may expect that the students appearing for AIIMS MBBS 2019 would somehow get aided while preparing for the same.